I decided to repost this as a page so people could find it. Obviuously, with it being my very first post, it wound up at the bottom and will soon find its way to the archives. So, without further ado, here’s your intro!
A Day In the Life…..
Ahhh, I love The Beatles. However, I can’t go without commenting that although I’ve borrowed from their hit song, “A Day in the Life“, as much as I love the song (well, most of it that is,) the cacophony of sound in the middle of it… truly rattles my soul. I reckon they achieved their desired result though as the crescendo reaches its peak and finally the blessed resolution. Phew! It exhausts me just writing about it! LOL
Anyhoo, I digress.
Allow me to expound upon why I’ve decided to create this blog:
- I was unable to register for another poetry course with Dr. Igloria
- I want to share my poems with others
- I thrive on routine and I want to keep a New Year’s resolution for once
- I wanted to find a fun and creative way to put to use the “word of the day“
- I was inspired by the movie trailers for Julie and Julia
- I wanted to continue to hone my digital writing skills gleaned from Dr. Potts
My intentions here are simple, like the poem I hope to honor. I will write a haiku representing each and every day in the year of our Lord, 2010. I will attempt to compose a contemporary haiku using dictionary.com’s word of the day as well. I am very much looking forward to this challenge. Although I take each day in its unique glory, being bound by the clock, could prove to be a little unnerving. We shall see………
Until January sixth, that’s how long it took for me to get off track! LOL However, I am determined and I’ve twelve (well eleven now) of these here months to prove to myself I can do it! So here’s hoping this will be the solitary addendum!